Saturday, September 15, 2007

Super-Cute Vintage in Dogville

Everyone had a dog at the yard sales this Saturday. And for the first time, one of my hard-partying friends actually went to bed early enough on Friday night to join Ed and I on a Saturday morning. Here's Jessie:



Ed, not to be outdone, stopped to pet the dogs too.




Jessie is furnishing a new apartment, which got me looking at all kinds of cute decorations, household items and furniture. Jessie found this awesome owl, and bought it!




Check out this awesome decanter:




This $10 set of glasses would have been awesome if it was a.) complete and b.) cost 2 dollars.




Oh, and remember these two blasts from the past? I was just having a conversation with my friend Rich about "tuning in" the channel you had to tape on a VCR in 1985. Well, sure enough, here's a VCR with dials!




And Jessie totally freaked out over this Black Cauldron game.




Super-cute cheese serving tray:




And who couldn't use a nice wall-mounted plant holder? I could.... but I didn't buy it.




I didn't buy this purse, either, but I thought someone sure would like it:




Yet another thing I thought was super-cute and didn't buy:


(Not really sure what it's for, but I'd make a nice center serving piece out of it.)


This lovely vinyl snap case contained a thread/sewing kit, but it might make a nice tampon holder, too:




And how about this awesome Schlitz flashlight that Ed found:






Hot fashions:





Jessie ended up buying this mirror, so cute! I think it was a dollar.




And after much deliberation (and a phone call do Rhonda, who has the Danny's Dogwalkers minivan), I decided to purchase all six of these lovely modern bent wood and chrome dining room chairs at a negotiated price of $15 each (that's $90 for all of them, if you did the math). A lot of money to drop at a garage sale, but I'd never see chairs like this again for that price, and they go great in my dining room. I'll never have to buy dining room chairs again.


Thanks for the ride, Rhonda!


Now for two awesome desks, which we did not buy.

The mirror:




And the map:




I really liked this almost paint-by-number piece, but it didn't really have a frame, so I left it in the front yard.




And last, another item for the "what the...?" list:

Need a ___________ keychain?

No comments: