Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Greetings!

There wasn't much in the way of amazing items last week, so I thought I'd share you with you a few of my favorite greeting cards I've picked up recently. I once thought I'd amass a large fortune selling these cultural gems, but there just isn't a good platform for selling unused, vintage greeting cards. Eventually I had to realize that my obsession with them wasn't so I could sell them... but instead to collect them. Eventually I send most of them out, as greeting cards are intended to be used. So, forgive me if you ever get one of these in the mail and the punchline is ruined.

We now live in an era of the Garfield greeting card, the Shoebox Greeting. But there was a time when those little cardboard containers of goodwill were slightly more raunchy, more booze-infused... and generally, more bizarre. Or just too damn cute. Like these:

















2 comments:

LaFemmeAnkita said...

*happy sigh* love it

Mental Planet said...

I want to receive any of those cards. I think I could be your market for such sales!!